JAWAHAR BAL BHAVAN
Bal Bhavan, a unique institution for enhancing creativity among children, was founded in 1956 in a tin shed at Turkmen Gate, Delhi by PANDIT JAWAHARLAL NEHRU.
The Education Department, Puducherry had opened Bal Bhavan in 1973 (14th May) to enable the children in attaining their all round personality Development, Puducherry Bal Bhavan is affiliated to National Bal Bhavan, New Delhi. All materials and instruments are provided to children at free of cost.
The Main Bal Bhavan is situated in the Botanical Garden as it has the Sylvain Look. The Mini Bal Bhavans are located in Kalapet, Villianur, Ariankuppam, Bahour, Nettapakkam, Thirubuvanai & Lawspet. Also in Karaikal, Mahe & Yanam Mini Bal Bhavans are functioning.
Jawahar Bal Bhavan (JBB) is a school of its difference that cater to the needs of children of school going children of age group 6 to 16. The Latent creativity talents are identified nurtured and honoured in JBB for urban children and in Jawahar Mini Bal Bhavan (JMBB) for rural children. In JBB 12 activities are taught and 8 activities at JMBB between 4.30 to 6.30 p.m. daily by instructors under the supervision of Supervisor.
- Clay Work
- Western Drums
- Folk Dance
- Folk Songs
- Table Tennis
- Outdoor (cricket, volleyball, shuttle etc.,)
- Tailoring & Embroidery
- Cultural exchange programme at Bangalore
- 500 ft long art banner was displayed at International Children's Assembly. New Delhi.
- 3000 ft long Art Banner World Record
- Release of Kids Art Catalogue
- Conduct of Cartoon Parade on the Centenary of walt Disney.
- Young Achievers Award in Art.
- Art exhibition by children (M.S. Kalyani, C.R.C. Vedhani, M.Bhavani, P.Dinesh).
- Presentation of Paining of Selvi. M.S.Kalyani to our Ex.Prime Minister
- Special summer Activities on Art & Craft & beach Sand Dolls.
- Presentation of Cultural Program at the visit of H.E.Dr.A.P.J.Adbul Kalam, the President of India.
- Balshree National Award for best child dance (P.Revathy - Bharatham - 2001-02)
- Balshree National Award for Best Child Innovative Science (V.S. Vaithianathan - Science - 2004-05)
- Participation in International Children's camp held at Mongolia
- Participation at Young Artists Festival Norway (by Selvi.P.Revathy)
- Presentation of Cultural Programme at South Asia Tours & Travels Exchange 2002 and at French Embassy, New Delhi.
- Mega Choir by 300 girls on World Mother's Week.
- Conduct of free Bharathanatiya Arangettram in Main & Mini Bal Bhavans (31 Children)
- Conduct of Free Arrangettram in Veena, Violin, Miruthangam & Vocal
- State First at Puducherry Level in S.S.L.C. Exam by G.Sriram - 2004
- State Second at Puducherry Level in S.S.L.C. Exam by S.Buvaneswari 2004
- State Best Child Award in creativity (96 Kids) 2001 - 2010
- Won Republic day shield for best group dance - 2010.
- Construction of Pillar of Integration containing soil of all states during all India Bal Bhavans Kids Camp
- Presentation of Cultural Programme at Raj Nivas at this time Parliamentary Standing Committee visit on 16/06/05.
- Presentation of cultural programme in German students' visit.
- Presentation of cultural programme on Queen Baton's Relay 2010.
REGULAR ANNUAL ACTIVITIES
- State Best Child Award Selection Camp
- Annual Art Exhibition
- Free Bharathanatiya Arrengettram
- Cultural programmes on Student's Day, Children's Day, Women's Day.
- Balbhavan Mela
- Inter Bal Bhavan Meet
- Children's Festival
- Sports Festival
- Mega Choir
- Bal Shree Award - Selection Camp
- International Children's Festival
- Cultural Programme at Republic Day, Independence Day
- Keyboard & Western Drums annual exam thro' TCM, London
- Kodai Kondattam 2010 - More than 3000 children participated.
School going children of age 6 - 16 years will have to approach the Head of Bal Bhavan with two photos and Biodata with their parents on any working day.For Further details HEAD MASTER Jawahar Bal Bhavan Botanical Garden Puducherry - 605 001 Phone 0413-2225751